I. According to the new visa arrangement adopted by the Immigration Department of the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, citizens of the People's Republic of Bangladesh will require a visa to enter the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for whatever purposes, including those who are in transit and remain on the airside from December 11, 2006.
II. The following categories of Bangladeshi citizens are exempted from visa requirements for entry into HKSAR:
1. Holders of diplomatic or official passport who may visit HKSAR visa-free for a stay up to 14 days;
2. Holders of United Nations Laissez Passport visiting HKSAR or transiting through HKSAR to/from a third place for Official Purposes;
3. Operating aircrew and operating seamen on board vessels.
III. The Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Bangladesh may issue single / double journey transit or visit visas valid for 3 months for a stay up to 7 days for transit or up to 14 days for visit to the following categories of Bangladeshi citizens including their accompanying spouses or children:
1. Government officials holding ordinary passports;
2. Prominent persons in the local society or business communities;
3.Employees of well-established or reputable organizations and companies including employees of multi-national companies, banks, financial and insurance entities, airlines/ shipping companies and foreign organizations in Bangladesh;
4. Persons invited by the HKSAR Government or reputable organizations in HKSAR (e.g. the Hong Kong Trade Development Council).
IV. Applicants not included in article III may mail their applications for visas directly to the Immigration Department of the HKSAR.
7 Gloucester Road